Saturday, February 26, 2011

February Wasn't Fun

I apologize for being out most of February. Sick has blown through our house infesting everyone from the pet, to the laptop, to the people. After a rather eventful late night emergency room visit, I have also been informed: 1) I am not pregnant WAHOO! 2) I do not have appendicitis, gall stones, liver failure, kidney disease, or a bladder infection 3) my medical insurance is RAD and 4) I have a medium to large sized ulcer. Yay! At the point they were giving me this information I couldn't have cared less, because I was so drugged up I couldn't keep the world from spinning. (Apparently when anyone asked me a question, I would respond "I'm really high right now.") On the plus side, I was no longer doubled over in crippling pain. All in all, a good trade off. Jules took a very flattering picture on his phone, but I will spare you from all the gorgeous details of the 2:30 am extravaganza.

At least I now know why my stomach is so touchy. Jules and I both believe I have had the ulcer for quite some time and just didn't realize. With how healthy our diet is, we figure it never really had a chance to "flare up." The end of January and February have been rather stressful, however, and I have never dealt with stress well.

So I'm now on meds and have been instructed to actively manage my stress. Hopefully March will be a bit more normal. The rest of our hike will be posted in the next day or so.

5 thoughts:

babbaapril said...

Glad you are back. Been missing you and your way with words! An ulcer - ugh -- but now you KNOW! Knowing can be such a relief. No more what ifs.

Renee @ FIMBY said...

be well friend and make sure to get better soon (take good care of yourself).

Mr. H. said...

So sorry to hear that you have not been well, I don't know a thing about ulcers but hope you are able to treat it and regain your health soon.

Mel said...

So glad you are back--I was hoping everything was ok. Sounds like a really rough month, but hopefully things are looking up. As G.I. Joe says, "Knowing is half the battle."

Kiote Agorist said...

Oooh... ulcers SUCK. I was able to catch mine before it really got bad, and we were able to treat it. There is some pretty extensive evidence that ulcers are caused by bacteria, so adding a garlic supplement or some colloidal silver to your diet might help. Good luck! that's a battle that sucks!

Post a Comment